Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Biscuits and Lettuce Wraps

I have a few things to cover in today's post. The first is a photo of my new-fangled biscuits but I have to make a few apologies first. You should know now that I am NOT a photographer and I do NOT have a photographer's camera so I can't even make that great of an attempt at faking it. That said, the biscuits were very tasty and did not look this out of focus in person (even bright and early and before putting in the contacts). [When I previewed this post the picture doesn't look quite as bad as the full res version...Whew!!]

The other night, my dear husband and I were eating some yummy P.F.Chang's food and he asked if I would make some lettuce wraps sometime. So, I found a recipe for Spicy Asian Lettuce Wraps and decided to give it a go. I attached a photo even though I'm a little embarrassed by the way it looks. I could not find any cellophane noodles at the 3 stores I tried and used rice vermicelli instead. The result was a bit mushy. For the original recipe, and a MUCH better photo, check out this link: Spicy Asian Lettuce Wraps




I really think I would have liked the firmer texture of the cellophane noodles so I will be making a trip to one of our many Asian grocers before repeating this recipe. Until then, here's the low down...

YUM - 4 1/2 stars - VERY flavorful and I loved the spiciness. It is too spicy for small children, however, so it is not necessarily a good family meal. Again, next time I try it I will be using cellophane noodles.

EASE - 5 stars - It took me about 10 minutes to put this meal together. I used pre-cooked chicken to speed it up.

HEALTH - 4 1/2 stars - Light and filling. A great combination!

No comments:

Post a Comment