Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Burgers and Pictures

The other night I was getting up to make turkey burgers and REALLY was not looking forward to a bland turkey burger. But then I remembered I had a bunch of ingredients on hand to make them awesome and did a quick search on the Rachael Ray site for a recipe. I came up with one and made a few alterations and the results were WONDERFUL!!! This is how I will be making all turkey burgers in the future.

Oh, and as far as pictures...While I was eating my turkey burger I got to thinking that I should start posting pictures of some of this food. It was too late for the burger (I'm sure you did not want to see my half eaten burger) but hopefully I will remember to take a picture of dinner before we eat next time. By the way, tomorrow night we're having taco salad. YUM!

YUM - 5 stars - Yep, it was that good. Could even replace a regular burger for me.

EASE - 4 stars - Quick and easy if you have the ingredients on hand.

HEALTH - 5 stars - Very low in fat, calories and all of that unless you add a lot of unhealthy stuff to your burger.

Curry Turkey Burgers
Recipe by...me (with a little help from Rachael Ray)

1 lb ground turkey
1 tsp ground ginger
2 green onions chopped
5 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
2 tbsp curry powder

Mix ingredients together. Form into patties and grill, broil, or fry. I cooked mine in a skillet without any oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment